Tuesday, November 18, 2008

MRI results deem Red Electric blogger "normal"

The hammering, rattling, humming, grinding MRI scan that I had last Wednesday (and wrote about here) has produced images of my brain that show it (and me) to be "normal."

Oh.

I'm not sure how to take this, coming as it does with the authority of both science and technology.

I was hoping for a little better. Something along the lines of "truly exceptional!" or "fantastic!"

Nevertheless, given that the scan was looking for evidence of brain decay possibly leading to blindness, "normal" frankly sounds fantastic.

I'll take it.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger saladgreenz said...

Hello Rick! I was in your summer class..anyway..

Wow. Good to know that you're well and "normal". But I imagine that it must have been an anxious wait to get the results. Or did you just relax and hope for the best?

- Salah

10:16 PM  
Blogger Rick Seifert said...

My wife was a lot more anxious than I was, Salah. I mostly considered it a strange encounter with technology — and Credence Clearwater Revival.

3:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rick,
That's great news!

Steve

4:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home