Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sign of the weird at PSU

Yesterday's post mentioned that I saw a puzzling sign at the construction site of the new Portland State student recreation center that read "Academic Student Recreation Center." After the only reference to the center I could find on line was to an "Academic AND recreation center, I began to doubt my reading of the sign.

The whole thing was quite bizarre. "Academic students"?

"Academic and Recreation Center"? What could that be?

Haunted by uncertainty about what the sign actually said, I returned to the site today to re-read the words. (I know, I know, I need to get a life. But, hey, it was Sunday.)

As you see, my memory had not failed me. Under construction, according to the sign, is an "Academic Student Recreation Center."

I dare not ask what the City of Portland Archives and Records are doing cheek to jowl with exercising academic students. (See the sign.)

Did someone say we must keep Portland weird?

Not to worry. We are on track at PSU.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Admin said...

LOL, funny stuff...

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home