Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sad news about Paul Pintarich

Many of Paul Pintarich's friends are visiting him at the Emanuel Hospital Burn Center where he is unconscious and is on palliative "comfort care."

When I called the center today to check on his condition, I was told that Paul is "not expected to survive." His family gave me permission to share the sad news.

Paul was severely burned in a kitchen fire in his apartment on Monday, August 8.

The hospital is located 3001 N. Gantenbein in Portland.

As I wrote in an earlier post, Paul is the former, long-time book review editor at The Oregonian, but I got to know him when he was a regular columnist for the monthly newspaper I started here in Hillsdale back in the mid-Nineties.

Paul grew up in Southwest Portland and shared vivid memories of his childhood with the readers of the Southwest Community Connection.

I wrote a Red Electric tribute to Paul and his writing back in April of 2007. You can read it HERE.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger webavant said...

Thanks for this update, Rick. I am Paul's son in-law. I am fielding calls for his daughter, my wife, Paige. If anyone needs to get in touch, please call 503-819-9265.

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home