Sunday, April 06, 2008

10,000-step addiction


For the second day in a row, I’m posting photos from a Portland park. This time it is Albert Kelly Park, just a 15-minute walk from my front door.

I’m out and about on foot to feed my pedometer.

A week ago I signed up for the 10,000 Steps program. In the morning, I zero out the pedometer from the previous day and then check periodically to see how I’m doing on my beginner's goal of 9500 steps by bedtime.

So far, I’m doing just fine, no small thanks to Albert Kelly Park, the Fairmont Loop, Marshall park, a meadow of flowers, a skeletal tree at dusk, luxuriant cherry blossoms and a few choice trails (clearly marked by SW Trails signs).

In fact, I’m about to increase the daily goal to the full 10,000 steps. Amazingly, that's roughly five miles.

I think this could become addictive.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger The Mess said...

Ahh you have cherry blossoms alredy.

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home